12/26/2011

Playlist: Songs of 2011

The end of the year often rhymes with best-of, highlights or ceremonies and awards. I thus concocted you a playlist collecting my favorites 2011 songs:

Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks: Discovery of the spring, the band now explodes everywhere, second concert dates have been added in London and Paris for next year. They are the Two Door Cinema Club version 2011, a very nice band that has lots of energy live.

Miles Kane - Come Closer: The singer of the Last Shadow Puppets delivered us a cool debut album where Come Closer can be found, totally addictive from the first listening!

The Strokes - Machu Picchu: Song a bit arty, Machu Picchu is one of the symbols of Angles, the last album of The Strokes.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - If I Had A Gun: Noel Gallagher's album was well expected and with If I Had A Gun it was worth the waiting, sublime.

Friendly Fires - Blue Cassette: Discoverey of the Reading Festival for me, Friendly Fires on stage it's a lot of enjoyment and Blue Cassette does it well!

Coldplay - Every Teardrop is A Waterfall: I could have chosen to pick Paradise but I preferred to choose this song because it marks the return of Coldplay with a new album, Mylo Xyloto. Through the video of the song we then realize the new orientation that the band took.

Beady Eye - The Roller: Just like Noel Gallager High Flying Birds's album, Beady Eye's one was also expected this year. The Roller is a very good first single.

The Vaccines - Norgaard: Discovery from the UK where the The Vaccines are from, Norgaard is a fast song (1min39) but effective because the rhythm stays in head easily. 

Metronomy - The Bay: Without any doubt one of the songs of the summer with The Look. Listening to it put a smile upon your face !

The Horrors - Still LifeI'm happy to be transported by this song from The Horrors, which invites you to travel in your mind.

Kasabian - Re-wired: To me, one of the best songs of Velociraptor! It is also the band's new single in the UK so it shouldn't be long before it arrives on the French radios for mydelight!

Pulp - Disco 2000Well this song did not come out this year, but 2011 marked Pulp's comebak on stage as they've done some festivals this summer. I've seen them at Reading Festival and although I did not know their entire discography, I felt the enthusiasm of the British people towards to them!

Ben Howard - The Wolves: Not well known in France, I discovered him when I lived in London and his debut album, Every Kingdom is worth listening to!

The Black Keys - Lonely Boy: Chip this year with the release of their new album El Camino. I fell in love at the first listening.

Arctic Monkeys - Don't Sit Down 'cause I've Moved Your Chair: 2011 was also marked by the come back of the band in front of the music stage. With this song we found them where we had left them.

Adele - Someone Like You: Impossible to miss the phenomenon Adele. I must admit that I loved her album 21 when it has been released, but I listen to it less now, the media made me lose the taste.


The Playlist is not exhaustive, please write your 2011 songs in the comments!

1 comment:

pat said...

très bonne selection, la mienne est assez semblable http://ontheslipmat.wordpress.com/2011/12/31/bestof201/ Pas de hasard!!

Très bonne année à toi!