9/24/2012

Coldplay @ AWD Arena, Hannover (22/09/2012)

You may have noticed, when I love, I do not count. When extra tickets for the final concert of Coldplay's European tour have been released in late August, I took it as a sign! So this weekend I was in Hannover to attend the last Coldplay concert in Europe for a while. Between joy, excitement and sadness, the atmosphere was special. For both the band, the roadies and the crowd that marked the end of Mylo Xyloto adventure, at least in Europe (Coldplay still have some concerts planned in Australia, New Zealand and South America). Needless to say, this year went by at an incredible speed !

Instead of detailing exactly how the show was (like I have done for Nice, Paris and Boston), I'd rather give you my impressions illustrated by my best pictures. Besides, I wanted to take full advantage of my last Coldplay concert so I did not filmed any songs and contented myself to sneak a few pictures here and there. With the settings I had, they were almost all perfect! So, don't be surprised.
The stadium gates opened at 4:00pm. I had never before experienced it, but the feeling of running in an empty stadium is very exciting! We were able to go exactly where we wanted to, it could not be more perfect!
Although I saw Marina & The Diamonds 6 times during the summer, I still had not seen Charli XCX. To be honest, it would not have mattered because I didn't really liked her music. They both thanked Coldplay and their staff at the end of their sets.
No surprises during the Coldplay concert, the set was classic. The band did not even rehearsed, they arrived in the late afternoon as can attest the Live Blog on their official website. Actually, I was there to see them one last time, not really in the hope to have a change in the setlist so I did not cared about that.
The atmosphere was good, the audience sang almost all the concert long but remained too static to my opinion. This allowed me to realized what had been the concert at the Stade de France, truly amazing!
Roadies made jokes between themselves and throughout the concert we could see them playing and dancing on the big screens. The end of the tour was palpable. I found that a lot of balloons were thrown on Lovers in Japan, or it was because the venue was smaller that I had this feeling (45 000 people). Xylobands let me breathless once again. It's like butterflies, I'll never be tired of them !
I enjoyed Yellow and God Put A Smile Upon Your Face intros for one last time. I do not know if these songs will again be interpreted in this way, but one thing is sure, like this they are sublimated!
For the record I made ​​a banner with the colors and the visuals of Mylo Xyloto to thank them for this wonderful year spent in their company. They saw it when they did Princess of China, Up in Flames and Warning Sign on the X Stage, and have sent me their best smile in return.
The concert took place normally and it went at the speed of light, even more than usual I would say. We quickly have been to Us Against The World and Speed ​​of Sound on the C-Stage. Realizing that the concert came to an end when the band returned to the main stage I could not contain my emotions. Especially with Fix You, it was not easy ...
Chris grabbed a German flag waving it over for Every Teardrop is A Waterfall and gave it to Guy at the end of the concert. As usual they took a long time to thank the crowd. You could feel and see on their faces a particular emotion. Saying goodbye to them was not easy for me.
Thus ended the Mylo Xyloto European Tour during which we shared so many emotions, joy and happiness. Now we have to wait for the DVD release to relive it until the next time we see them! You can find all of my pictures on Photobucket.

No comments: